This story is from the category Libraries and Components
Date posted: 20/01/2006
Lyon, France - January 17th 2006 - PathEngine, supplier of the advanced pathfinding and agent movement SDK, announces release 5.0 of the PathEngine SDK.
An iterative development process has seen a host of features added to the SDK over the course of more than 40 public releases since 4.0, with some key additions being:
* Support for a tokenised XML format
* Curved path generation
* Content channels for ground attributes, and named positions and obstacles
* Support for obstacles with cost to traverse, and surface type based traverse costs
* Support for off-mesh connections
* Addition of a powerful and robust content automation API
* Support for bounded queries, and for aborting queries through query callbacks
* Addition of automated query logging instrumentation
* Extensive optimisation of both performance and memory footprint, with orders of magnitude improvements in performance for complicated scenes
Refer to http://www.pathengine.com/changelog.htm for a complete change log, and http://www.pathengine.com/benchmarks.php for benchmark results.
Release 5.0 adds extended mechanisms for managing sets of dynamic obstacles (and for optimising collision against very large obstacle sets), as well as interface improvements across the board and some significant further optimisation.
The PathEngine SDK is built around an advanced implementation of points-of-visibility pathfinding on three-dimensional ground meshes. The approach enables PathEngine to provide both pathfinding and collision in tight integration against a single, sophisticated, agent movement model that takes agent shape into account and seamlessly supports overlapping geometry, with dynamic obstacles directly integrated into this movement model.
See the full Story via external site: www.pathengine.com
Most recent stories in this category (Libraries and Components):
17/02/2015: New algorithms Geolocate a video from its images and sounds