Site Shop > OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide
* NOTE: OpenGL ES 2.0 is not backwards compatible with OpenGL ES 1.1 ? will not teach anything useful for iPhone development.
In the OpenGL? ES 2.0 Programming Guide, three leading authorities on the Open GL ES 2.0 interface?including the specification?s editor?provide start-to-finish guidance for maximizing the interface?s value in a wide range of high-performance applications. The authors cover the entire API, including Khronos-ratified extensions. Using detailed C-based code examples, they demonstrate how to set up and program every aspect of the graphics pipeline. You?ll move from introductory techniques all the way to advanced per-pixel lighting, particle systems, and performance optimization.
* Shaders in depth: creating shader objects, compiling shaders, checking for compile errors, attaching shader objects to program objects, and linking final program objects
* The OpenGL ES Shading Language: variables, types, constructors, structures, arrays, attributes, uniforms, varyings, precision qualifiers, and invariance
* Inputting geometry into the graphics pipeline, and assembling geometry into primitives
* Vertex shaders, their special variables, and their use in per-vertex lighting, skinning, and other applications
* Using fragment shaders?including examples of multitexturing, fog, alpha test, and user clip planes
* Fragment operations: scissor test, stencil test, depth test, multisampling, blending, and dithering
* Advanced rendering: per-pixel lighting with normal maps, environment mapping, particle systems, image post-processing, and projective texturing
* Real-world programming challenges: platform diversity, C++ portability, OpenKODE, and platform-specific shader binaries
Reviews by our members. Become a member today, and submit a review!