Site Shop > Scripting Your World: The Official Guide to Second Life Scripting
Scripting is the spice of Second Life, and this official guide to the Linden Scripting Language (LSL) is the complete scripting resource for making your Second Life creations come to life, interacting with players, creating dazzling special effects, and adding realism to the virtual world.
The authors are an expert team of programmers who cover every single aspect of LSL, from the basics of avatar movement and communication, to physics and special effects, to interacting with the world outside of Second Life.
Said interaction with the world outside, it should be noted, occurs only through the Second Life viewer. For the various open source viewers, implementations differ wildly.
This thorough reference and tutorial features detailed walk-throughs and step-by-steps that teach the "why" of scripting while explaining core LSL conventions.
Make doors open automatically, put a message in a bottle and watch it float out to sea, create a tip jar, and start a storm complete with loud thunderclaps and flashing lightning.
* Understand the Linden Scripting Language: Master every aspect of Second Life's programming language
* Automate with scripts: Greet visitors by name, teleport around the world, and dance with a partner
* Learn physics and vehicles: Create a jet pack, a magic carpet, and a machine gun
* Use environmental controls: Create moving shadows, make water splash, and have bees flit from flower to flower
* Integrate multimedia: Dazzle residents with streaming TV and ambient soundscapes
* Incorporate the outside world: Build a live news ticker and send e-mail
Reviews by our members. Become a member today, and submit a review!